Thursday, April 14, 2011

Fashion....BUST!

Growing up, I have always had a die-heart interest in fashion. I would always play "dress-up" with my mother's clothes, shoes, jewelry, and make-up. As a young lady today, this interest is still very much a part of my life. With amazing local clothing stores such as Forever21, Charlotte Russe, 579, and Body Central, looking fierce is not a hard task. All is takes is a little boldness and confidence. While doing some online browsing, I found that a website that caught my attention. What's so funny about this particular website is that I am a subscribed fan of it. I receive monthly magazines. This website is http://www.seventeen.com/. Seventeen deals with a variety of issues ranging from fashion, boys, dating, real-life situations, community service, and drama. This has been one of my favorite magazines for years. I was quite disappointed when I checked out the website, however. I feel that the website is cluttered and does not flow very well. In addition, the tutorial videos were short and extremely boring. For example, one girl was giving a tutorial on how to apply "cat-eye" to your eyebrows and eyelashes. I could barely understand, and her tips did not work. To other individuals who may not be familiar to the website, it may be pretty persuasive. My letter would go as follows:
         Dear Webmaster,
               I have been a avid fan/supporter of Seventeen magazine for years. I have been a subscription member for numerous years. I recently visited the online website, and I must admit that I was pretty disappointed. In my opinion, the website was kind of cluttered and had entirely too much stuff going on. I would like to offer a few suggestions on how to make the website a little better to understand. First, I think it would be a good idea to add a few more sub-topic tabs. Second, I think it would be a good idea to eliminate the video tutorials or make them more interesting. Honestly, when I watched them I was not persuaded at all or encouraged to try their tips. Last, I think that the community service/real-life situations that are featured in the magazine should be incorporated into the website more. For example, you could display a personal letter from one of the individuals telling the world how she feels and what she would like them to know. Webmaster, I am not trying to be disrespectful at all. I am only trying to offer a few suggestions that would make your already amazing brand be even more amazing! Please consider my points and suggestions. Thank you for your time.
                     Sincerely,
                       A Concerned Fan

No comments:

Post a Comment