Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tarnished Gold

When I think about abortion, I immediately identify myself as pro-life. Pro-life means that  I do not support a woman killing an unborn fetus. No matter what pro-choice believers say, abortion is MURDER. It is a sin and has terrible consequences; Not to mention the psychological effects of it.  I have had many friends who have decided to have abortions, and they had to take depressants to help them cope with depression and anger. If someone ends up with an unwanted pregnancy, I feel that there are better options for them. Adoption and surrogancy, of course, being #1. There are women who would give up everything they own just to be able to give birth to a child, and I feel that many women take this ability for granted.
Social changes obviously must be made in order to make abortion unnecessary. These changes include makking better decisions when dealing with sex, especially teen girls. Also, taking advantage of birth control must stop. I think that there should be an age limit on when birth control can begin being dispensed. I feel that a reasonable age is 16 years old. Sadly, I know a few 12-13 year old girls who are engaging in sex, and their mothers have decided to put them on birth control pills instead of putting them on punishment like I would do my own children. More sex abstinence and education classes should be taught inside our schools. The bottom line is that in order to make abortion unncessary, women should stop taking advantage of the current option available to actually have an abortion. For example, a woman who is really involved in her career may choose to have an abortion simply because she isn't "ready". She's stable, middle-class salary, committed boyfriend, etc.. She has ABSOLUTELY no justifiable reason to have  an abortion. However, you'd be surprised at how many women actually have abortions like this.
Babies are a blessing from God. In no circumstances should abortion be "okay" or "necessary". There is always the option of adoption and surrogancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment